For full information about the mechanism and conditions of the competition, please check the Light Up Festival Palas Iasi regulations.
Addendum No. 1
Rules of the
“LightUp Festival – 4th edition” Competition
Palas Iași, 28th of February – 6th of June 2020
Art 1. The Organizer of the Competition
(1) The organizer of the “LightUp – 4th edition” competition is SC IULIUS MANAGEMENT CENTER SRL, headquartered in the City of Iaşi, 7A Palas Street, building A1, 2nd floor, office A.b-8, Iaşi County, registered with the Trade Registry under no. J 22-2758-2006, registration code RO 19181463, bank account no. RO73 BACX 0000 0000 2033 8254, opened with Unicredit Bank, Iasi Branch, represented by Mr. Radu Constantin Iacto, in his capacity as Administrator, hereinafter referred to as the Organizer, by Mr. Ovidiu Galan as the Mandated Representative.
(2) The Participants in the Competition are bound to comply with the provisions of these Rules of the Competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Rules”), and they shall sign a statement in this respect at the same time as entering the Competition.
(3) The Rules are available free of charge to any interested person, being posted at all times during the Competition on the website accessible at the address www.lightupfestival.ro (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
Venue and tenor of the Competition
(1) The competition shall be held during the time interval 2nd of March – 6th of June 2020.
(2) The competition is organized in Iasi, Romania and shall be held in the Palas park on the southern façade of the Palace of Culture.
(3) The competition is held during the time period mentioned under art. 2 and art. 4.
(4) After the closing time and date of the Competition, the Organizer no longer has any responsibility, and undertakes no obligation in relation to any circumstances which may lead to the conclusion that the Competition is still open or continuing.
Right to participate
Audio-visual / multimedia artwork producers (hereinafter individually referred to as the “Participant”, or collectively as the “Participants”) may participate into the Competition, irrespective of their nationality.
The following persons do not have the right to participate into this competition: employees of S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L., employees of Palas Iasi, of the companies which are involved in the organization of this competition, as well as the members of the families thereof up to the 3rd rank, and also the winners of Light Up Festival past editions.
Underage persons younger than 18 years of age, must receive the written consent of their legal guardian in order to be able to participate into the competition.
Participation into this competition implies the acceptance of provisions under these Rules.
Mechanism of the Competition
(1) The Participants shall register with the Competition by sending to the Organizer, via an electronic file sharing system, such as for example www.wetransfer.com, to the email address: email@example.com, during the interval 2nd of March – 5th of April 2020, 24:00 hours, the following items:
a) the registration form containing the full list of authors and/or executant artists who have collaborated in the achievement of the Work, as well as the identification details of same (social security number or passport number in case of participants of a different nationality, series and number of the ID document), along with the statement referred to under art. 1, paragraph (2) of the Rules, containing the identification details of the Participant and signed by the Participant or the Participant’s legal representatives;
b) A 30 seconds’ long animation 2D demo, representative for the Work, accompanied by a brief description of the proposed concept and of the Work’s scenario. The submitted demo does not have to comply with the prescribed mapping format, but must observe only the concept/theme of the competition. The mapping shall be made available to the participants at a subsequent date, after the start of registration in the competition.
c) the CV and/or video-mapping portfolio of the author(s) with links or references to the representative works thereof achieved by the participant, which shall represent as wel as possible the artistic and video-mapping abilities of the contestants.
(2) The preliminary grading by judges shall be made in compliance with the registration conditions posted on the lightupfestival.ro website and provided in the Rules herein. The entered projects shall be subjected to a preliminary grading by judges, on the basis of a scoring system granting points for:
• the content;
• the creativity;
• the technique;
• the message;
• the visual impact;
• the inclusion of architectural items into the video product.
(3) The jury of the Competition is appointed by the Organizer. The composition of the Jury is publicly announced on the Website of the Competition. Such Jury formed of maximum 5 members will be announced by the organizer by the 7th of April 2020.
Pursuant to the preliminary grading by the jury, a number of 6 finalist teams will be selected from the total number of registered participants, finalists that will be subsequently announced by way of a confirmation message sent via electronic mail and/or telephone. The limitative list of Finalists is the one announced on the 10th of April 2020 on the www.lightupfestival.ro/finalisti webpage.
(4) The Finalists shall send their Work in the final form thereof by 26th of May 2020 by means of an electronic file sharing system, such as for instance www.wetransfer.com to the email address of the organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such work must comply with the conditions listed under section “Informații Tehnice/Technical Information” of the www.lightupfestival.ro website.
(5) The Finalists may participate on 5th of June 2020, in accordance with the instructions provided to them in due time by the Organizer, in the rehearsal for the preparation of the public projection.
(6) The Finalists may publicly project the Work on the 6th of June 2020, in accordance with the instructions provided to them in due time by the Organizer, on the façade of the Palace of Culture. The projection is accessible to the public at large.
(7) The winners of the Prizes are determined depending on the number of short text messages (Short Message Service) charged with a regular fee, sent for the benefit of each Participant to a telephone number to be posted on the competition’s website by the 6th of June 2020, such number being accessible in the Orange, Vodafone, Telekom mobile networks, or other mobile telephone services operator, during the Competition. The cost of sending a message is the standard one, per the fees applicable with each mobile telephone services operator. By calculating the total number of valid votes received via text message, each Work will get ranged into a ranking chart.
In parallel, the Participants will also be ranked in a hierarchy by a specialized jury attending and present at the Competition on the 6th of June 2020; such jury will be comprised of 3 members chosen by the Organizer. Each of them will award points to each of the 6 Works, based on a grading scale with the following criteria:
• the content;
• the creativity;
• the technique;
• the message;
• the visual impact;
• the inclusion of the architectural elements into the video production.
The final hierarchy ranking of the Participants shall take into account the public votes sent via text message (50%) and the jury votes (50%). The final ranking chart shall be set considering these 2 criteria, and 3 winners shall be selected per the order of the final hierarchy ranking.
(8) The contents of any message shall consist of one single digit (for instance “1”, or “2”, or “3”), such digit representing the order according to which a certain Work is publicly projected in the Competition. In the case where several messages are sent to the benefit of the same Participant from the same mobile phone number, only one message shall be taken into account for the purpose of deciding a winner of the Public’s Prize. In the case where several messages are sent from one mobile phone number, and each of such messages has a different Participant as beneficiary, all the messages shall be taken into account for the purpose of determining the winners. The digits assigned to each team shall be available to the public via the competition’s website.
(9) The name of the Competition’s winners shall be public information posted on the Website, on the day following the date on which same were designated. At the same time, winners get notified by the Organizer with respect to the winning, by way of a message sent via electronic mail/telephone.
(1) The offered prizes are:
- 1st Prize: in a total gross amount equal to the RON equivalent of 5000 EUR (five thousand Euros);
- 2nd Prize: in a total gross amount equal to the RON equivalent of 3000 EUR (three thousand Euros);
- 3rd Prize: in a total gross amount equal to the RON equivalent of 2000 EUR (two thousand Euros);
each considering the RON/EUR exchange rate announced by the National Bank of Romania as valid for the day when such prize is awarded.
(2) The expenses related to the bank transfer and taxes afferent to the prizes are incumbent on the winners thereof. The Organizer shall withhold such taxes before payment of the prizes to the relevant winners.
(3) Organizer undertakes to pay the Prizes to the winners by the 8th of August 2020.
Works and the use thereof
(1) The Participants have the obligation not to cause, by the Works entered into the Competition, directly or indirectly, any prejudice to the Romanian legislation. In particular, the Participants have the obligation not to breach the Civil Code and the Penal Code, the Law no. 8/1996 concerning the copyright and related rights, the Law no. 84/1998 concerning trademarks and geographical indications, Law no. 148/2000 regarding publicity as well as, in general, the legislation concerning the rights of personality, publicity and intellectual property.
Per Law no. 8/1996 concerning the copyright and related rights, the creation must be original: creation made for the first time, in a certain form which would thus represent a first original counterpart.
An original document is prepared with all legal forms required and accepted by the society and has, by way of authenticity, a real, uncontestable value.
Something can be an original only in the case where same is the result of independent creative efforts.
Same shall not be an original in the case where in the making thereof one has copied something that already exists.
The contestants bear full liability over the projects entered into the competition with respect to the breach of persons’ rights to physical and intellectual property, to their own image or privacy. The Organizer of the competition may under no circumstances be charged with accusations for such consequences.
The Participants represent that they acknowledged all the provisions of the copyright law (Law no. 8/1996) and that they are the only ones liable towards the state institutions in case of infringement thereof, while S.C. IULIUS MANAGEMENT CENTER S.R.L or the legal representatives thereof are exonerated from any liability, criminal or otherwise with respect to the participant’s breach of such legal obligation.
(2) The Participants have the obligation to procure that the Works entered into the Competition do not contain any verbal and/or figurative trademark, any industrial drawing and, in general, any sign, message or image which would represent publicity to the benefit of a person or a product and/or service. Also, the Participants have the obligation to procure that the Works entered into the Competition do not contain any verbal and/or figurative trademark, any industrial drawing and, in general, any sign, message or image which would suggest a potential association between a Participant and a certain Work.
(3) The Participants have the obligation to provide that the Works entered into the Competition do not contain any item of a sexual, racist, offensive connotation or which would prejudice any other person/entity. Also, the Participants have the obligation to provide that the Works entered into the Competition do not contain any item of a political connotation.
(4) Each Participant has the obligation to warrant that the Work entered into the Competition is produced by the Participant, that it is made by its authors, performer artists/executant contactors thereof, that it is original and does not infringe the copyright, related rights or any other intellectual property right held by or exercised under legal conditions by a third party, and that the Work does not contain any item of a nature which could generate an obligation (of a patrimonial or non-patrimonial nature) incumbent on the Organizer in relation to the use of the Work by the Organizer.
Each Participant has the obligation to warrant that the Participant has not acted in such a manner as to prejudice the assignment consented to under paragraph (6) or which could prevent or hider the Organizer in the enjoyment of the exercise of the rights obtained in relation to the Work.
(5) The Organizer reserves the right to remove from the Competition those Works which, in the Organizer’s opinion, directly or indirectly cause prejudice to the Romanian legislation and/or the obligations provided hereunder. The Organizer also reserves the right to withdraw the awarding of winner of the Competition capacity from that Participant who, after the awarding of said prize, is proven to have breached the Romanian legislation and/or the obligations provided hereunder, and the Participant undertakes to promptly return the prize to the Organizer. In the case where a person believes that its legitimate rights or interests are infringed by a particular Work, such person has the right to notify the Organizer either by sending registered mail with confirmation of receipt to the Organizer’s headquarters, or by sending an email to: email@example.com. The notice should include the full identification details of the sender, the identification of the Work or that part of the Work which is deemed to have infringed the legitimate rights or interests of said person, and also, the evidence proving the existence and coverage of the legitimate rights and/or interests of said person.
(6) Each Participant assigns free of charge to the Organizer the right to use the Work entered into the Competition, in the following manner:
a) to copy same, in full or in part, in a number of copies as required for the conduct of the Competition and all the future editions of the event presented on the Website, directly or indirectly, by any means and under any form, as well as to store said copies, permanently or temporarily, including by electronic means;
b) to publicly project same in the conduct of the Competition and in the thereto related events, respectively in the rehearsal for the preparation of the public projection, and, if the case, in the prize awarding festivity, as well as in the 2020 edition of the Competition and the event presented on the Website.
c) to radio broadcast it, rebroadcast it via cable programs and publicly announce the Competition and said related events by wireless or non-wireless means, by making it available to the public, including via the internet or other computer networks, so that any of the members of the public may have access from anywhere or at any individually chosen time.
d) to perform any derivative work of the Work, by any means of transformation, especially, but not limited to, by inclusion into other audio-visual/multimedia works and/or by inclusion into collages next to narratives and other categories of works too, for the sole purpose of advertising and promoting all the editions of the Competition and the event presented on the Website, and said derivative works may be used by reproduction, public communication, radio broadcasting and rebroadcasting via cable programs.
e) to broadcast the works of the Finalists who are winners of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes throughout years 2020 and 2021, during a period of time at the Organizer’s choice, on the façade of the Palace of Culture in Iasi.
(7) The assignment referred to in the previous paragraph has a non-exclusive nature. The assignment expands over the territory of Romania and over any territories of all the existing states, irrespective of whether same are officially recognized or not, during the assignment. The assignment shall last for the entire tenor of legal projection of the assigned rights.
(8) In the case where the designated Winner is unable to accept the prize due to various reasons (illness, force majeure or other unpredictable events) or the designated Winner is proven to have failed to fulfill the conditions for the participation into the Competition, as provided under these Rules, the prize shall be awarded to the next Participant in the final rankings.
Representatives of the Participants in the Competition
(1) The Organizer may deem necessary that the awarding of the prizes be a public event. The possbile participation into the Competition represents the winners’ consent that the name and image of the Finalists may be made public and used in advertising materials by the Organizer, in compliance with the legislation in force, without any related payment.
Personal data protection
Given its conducted scope of business, S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. processes in good faith and in line with the legal provisions the data of the participants in the advertising campaigns carried out by S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. and regularly undertakes technical and organizational actions for the security of the personal data provided by the participants, which this company manages only for the purposes set out in detail below:
For the purpose of conducting the Competition, IULIUS MANAGEMENT CENTER S.R.L. will process within its own records and send to its proxies and any third parties related to the conduct of the Competition, for processing and reference purposes, whenever required, the following information: data provided upon registration by the participants into this Campaign.
IULIUS MANAGEMENT CENTER S.R.L.’s concern is to secure the participants’ data safety and the company complies with the provisions of the 2016/679/EU Rules in its processing of personal data. IULIUS MANAGEMENT CENTER S.R.L. will use the data for the purpose for which same are provided by the participants, meaning in order to select, identify and inform, contact the winners and inform the participants of the promotional campaigns.
Any processing of personal data pertaining to the participants into the Campaign shall be made in compliance with the applicable legal provisions (such as the 2016/679 European Rules) and ensuring the exercise of all rights of the participants to the Campaign, which are provided under the legislation concerning the natural persons’ protection with respect to the processing of personal data and free circulation thereof, which includes without limitation: right to information, access to data right, right of intervention on the data, right of opposition, right to be forgotten, right to data portability, right to not be subjected to an individual decision and the right to approach the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing or the courts in order to defend the rights guaranteed by the legislation, the right to oppose at any time, without justification, to the processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes, the right to request the erasure of the data and the personal right to withdraw from the Campaign at any time and without justification. Such rights may be exercised by the participants via a written request sent to the following mailing address: 7A Palas Str., Building A1, Iasi (Palas Mall Iasi), to the attention of the Marketing Department.
By participating in this campaign, the participants agree that their identification data (surname, name, email and phone number) be entered into the database of the Organizer, in order to be processed in the Competition referred to under these Rules.
The participant will subsequently receive an email requesting a participant’s consent to further receive information regarding other promotional/advertising campaigns organized by S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L.
The rights of all the participants in the campaign are guaranteed in accordance with the Law no. 677/2001. The processing of personal data will be made by S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. in line with the provisions of Law 677/2001, the notification of the processing of such data being recorded in the registry of the personal data processing records under no. 6568 with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
By registering into the Video-mapping Competition, the participants expressly represent that they agree to the rules of the Competition and to their personal data being processed and entered into the database of S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. for the period of the Competition.
The purposes for requesting the Participants’ personal data are as follows:
• Surname, Name: to check the identity of the participant/winner of the Competition
Telephone number: to confirm the participation, to announce the finalists and the winners
• E-mail: the participant must send the data for this field in order to receive information from the organizers, with respect to the logistic details of the event
• Date of birth: required in order to confirm that the participant is an adult and eligible to win the prize
• City: required in order to confirm the identity of the participants and of the winner.
By registering for the Voting Raffle, the participants expressly represent that they agree to the rules of the Competition and to their personal data being processed and entered into the database of S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. for the period of the Competition.
The purposes for requesting the Participants’ personal data are as follows:
• Surname, Name: to check the identity of the participant/winner of the Competition
Telephone number: to announce the winners and validate the registration into the raffle, by receipt of a text message sent to the participant’s phone number.
Each participant has the right to request to be excluded (the “right to be forgotten”) from the database by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon the participants’ written request sent via email the Organizer undertakes, depending on the request, to:
a) confirm to the applicant whether it is processing the applicant’s personal data or not, free of charge, for one request per year;
b) to rectify, update, block, delete or turn anonymous, free of charge, the data the processing of which is not in line with the provisions of Law no. 677/2001 regarding the individuals’ protection with respect to the processing of personal data and free circulation of such data;
c) to cease the processing of the applicant’s personal data.
Upon completion of the Competition, each participant shall receive an email via which they can confirm their will to receive information relating to the promotional/advertising campaigns conducted by S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. If the participant does not provide the relevant consent, S.C. Iulius Management Center S.R.L. undertakes to remove the participants’ personal data, except for the data provided by the winners that will be used for the purpose of meeting the financial and fiscal obligations, according to the fiscal legislation, and which will be archived in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
The Organizer of the Competition shall not be liable for the payment of taxes, charges or other fiscal obligations related to the offered prizes, except for the withholding tax that is applicable to individual revenue derived from the promotional campaigns, which tax the Organizer of the campaign is bound to calculate, withhold and transfer to the state budget as per the provisions of Law no. 571/2003 concerning the Tax Code.
Early cessation of the Competition
(1) The Competition may be ceased prior to its term only in case of occurrence of an event that constitutes Force Majeure or in case of Organizer’s impossibility, due to reasons outside its will, to continue this Campaign.
(1) The authenticated Rules for participation are available in copy, free of charge, to any requesting party. Any request in this respect may be submitted at the Informational Center in Palas Mall, 7A Palas Street, during the period 28th of February – 6th of June 2020, from Monday to Sunday, between 10:00 – 22:00 hours.
Settlement of litigations
In case of any potential litigation occurred between the Organizer and the participants into the Campaign, same shall be amiably settled. If the amiable settlement of the litigations is not possible, the parties involved in the litigation shall submit the litigation to the competent Romanian courts for settlement.
IULIUS MANAGEMENT CENTER
Radu Constantin Iatco, Administrator
SS By the Mandated Representative
LS Ovidiu Galan